Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday 15/01/2014




“Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine that spotlights eagerly anticipated upcoming releases.





The novel is a brilliant first-person narrative of the rise and fall of the Norse gods - retold from the point of view of the world's ultimate trickster, Loki. It tells the story of Loki's recruitment from the underworld of Chaos, his many exploits on behalf of his one-eyed master, Odin, through to his eventual betrayal of the gods and the fall of Asgard itself. Using her life-long passion for the Norse myths, Joanne Harris has created a vibrant and powerful fantasy novel.
Loki, that’s me.

Loki, the Light-Bringer, the misunderstood, the elusive, the handsome and modest hero of this particular tissue of lies. Take it with a pinch of salt, but it’s at least as true as the official version, and, dare I say it, more entertaining.

So far, history, such as it is, has cast me in a rather unflattering role.

Now it’s my turn to take the stage.

With his notorious reputation for trickery and deception, and an ability to cause as many problems as he solves, Loki is a Norse god like no other. Demon-born, he is viewed with deepest suspicion by his fellow gods who will never accept him as one of their own and for this he vows to take his revenge. 

From his recruitment by Odin from the realm of Chaos, through his years as the go-to man of Asgard, to his fall from grace in the build-up to Ragnarok, this is the unofficial history of the world’s ultimate trickster
Source: Goodreads

I'll admit it, I was sold at the title, because Loki is my favorite norse deity and I am guaranteed to read  almost anything that deals with his character.
"The Gospel of Loki" is scheduled to be released 20/02/2014. 

What are you waiting for this week? Let me know in the comments! 

10 comments:

  1. I love mythology and Loki might be one of my favourite gods :) Awesome pick!!!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Loki! My friend would LOVE this book! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this sounds interesting, I love the premise, but it doesn't sound like my kind of read. I hope you enjoy it though!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh MY GOD! I must get my hands on this book when it comes out and it's right before my birthday too! I love Norse Mythology and Loki is my favourite Norse God by far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I am really looking forward to this one!
    By the way i'm loving the blog, just added 2 books to my TBR so thanks!

    I'd really like it if you checked out my blog @ http://straightfromthereadersmouth.blogspot.com

    Im a new blogger and would really appreciate the follow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor, misunderstood Loki. At least he has a lot of fans. Excellent pick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks interesting. I'm not a fan of Norse gods but I like retellings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh sounds interesting. I love retellings so will have to check this out :)
    Thanks for visiting my WoW!
    Rachel @ The NerdHerd Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think this is my type. But I do hope you enjoy it once out!

    Thanks for droppin by my Wednesday post!

    Michelle, The Escapist.

    ReplyDelete