Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday 08/01/2014



“Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine that spotlights eagerly anticipated upcoming releases.

Darrow is a miner and a Red, a member of the lowest caste in the color-coded society of the future. Like his fellow Reds, he digs all day, believing that he and his people are making the surface of the
planet livable for future generations. Darrow has never seen the sky.

Yet he spends his life willingly, knowing that his blood and sweat will one day result in a better future for his children.

But Darrow and his kind have been betrayed. Soon he discovers that humanity already reached the surface generations ago. Vast cities and sprawling parks spread across the planet. Darrow and Reds like him are nothing more than slaves to a decadent ruling class.

Inspired by a longing for justice, and driven by the memory of lost love, Darrow joins a resistance group in order to infiltrate the ruling class and destroy society from within. He will stop at nothing to bring down his enemies... even if it means he has to become one of them to do so.

Source: Goodreads

Pierce Brown's debut novel "Red Rising" has a great premise, I haven't read a really good YA dystopia since "Divergent" and I've read some glowing praise for this one. So, yeah, I'm hyped.
"Red Rising" is scheduled to be released on January 28th. 

What are you waiting for this week? Let me know in the comments!

11 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds really good :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of my friends read it and were blown away, and they're still talking about it months after the fact :)
    Great pick
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing and it's actually my first time hearing of it. I'll be adding it to my tbr :)

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is already tops on my list of books to get this year! Good to see it Getting some WoW love. =)

    David
    From My Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one just sounds so amazing, doesn't it? I've heard a lot of great things about it too so I'm pretty excited! Plus, the cover is really pretty!
    Great pick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this around before, but I haven't read the synopsis until now. The premise sounds really cool! It's definitely going to be added to my TBR list. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds interesting.

    Once Upon A Dream Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh, this one sounds interesting. Happy you introduced me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book sounds so interesting. I love how he has to 'become' one of them so they can infiltrate and spy on the enemies. Thanks for sharing.

    And thanks for dropping by my WoW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of this one before but it does sound interesting, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this but I love dystopian books! Maybe I'll check this one out :)
    Thanks for stopping by xx

    ReplyDelete