Sunday, September 15, 2013

Top Ten Can't Wait for Books - Fall 2013 - Part 1

The temperatures are dropping, the leaves are turning to brown and soon enough I'll have to shut my sandals in the closet until next June. 
Thank God, this fall will bring a bunch of awesome books along with it, and not just cold and rain.
Here you'll find out the top ten books I am waiting for with bated breath for during my least favorite season.


Nr. 10: 

Unbreakable, by  Kimi Garcia. 
Expected Publication: 01/10/13
Ghosts, secret societies and demons - oh, my! The blurb sure does sound promising. 
At a first glance, Unbreakable seems to have all my favorite supernatural elements in it (come on, demons! Who doesn't love demons?). And the secret society sounds really cool. 
I hope for great characters, a sweet love story, that Kennedy won't be a damsel in distress and that she will learn to fight soon into the book, and that if there is a love triangle it won't be with the twins, because the idea weirds me out a little. 


Nr. 9:

Twinmaker by Sean Williams
Expected Publication: 05/11/13
The idea of a surgery that enables people to become biologically superior but that hides a catch is not a new concept in dystopia. Scott Westerfeld did a terrific job with it with Uglies, and I can't wait to read Williams' take on it. 
I hope that the dystopia in Twinmaker will sound like a plausible take on the future, that Q will be as awesome as the blurb makes him sound, that Clair will be though and likable and for a love story that will be sweet but not saccharine.


Nr. 8:

Cold Spell by Jackson Pearce
Expected Publication: 05/11/13
Growing up, Andersen's "The Snow Queen" was one of my favorite fairytales, so I have high hopes for this retelling.  
I am hoping to revisit the chilling (in more ways than one) landscapes and the sinister characters that I remember from my childhood (Oh, I can't wait for the Ice Queen's castle), and that Ginny will be just likable as her character was in the original story. 
I haven't read anything by Pearce, but I've heard mostly good things about his books, so I think he'll meet my expectations. 

Nr. 7:

The Eye of Minds by James Dashner
Expected Publication: 08/10/13
This is not the kind of book I usually read, but the premise sounds really cool. I especially like the way the gaming works, and the government issued team of hackers is a really intriguing idea.
I'm not sure what to expect, but I'm hoping for an action-packed page turner, with great characters and just a bit of romance to make it sweeter. 



Nr. 6:

The Clockwork Scarab by Colleen Gleason
Expected Publication: 17/09/13
Vampire Hunters, Mythology, Time Travel, Historical Fiction, Steampunk, Mystery and Sherlock Holmes? Could this book tick of any more boxes on the awesomeness list? 
With such a cool blurb, the chances the clockwork scarab won't live up to my expectations are pretty high.
I am hoping for something action-packed with badass heroines, witty banter and a well-done mystery that will keep me on edge until the very end.






Sources
https://www.goodreads.com/book/photo/12371862-unbreakable (15/09/13)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/photo/17296692-twinmaker (15/09/13)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/photo/16039122-cold-spell (15/09/13)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/photo/16279856-the-eye-of-minds (15/09/13)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16066190-the-clockwork-scarab (15/09/13)

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the James Dashner book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbreakable is pretty fantabulous (I got the ARC awhile ago). It's worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete