Friday, March 21, 2014

Five Friday Favorites: Favorite Contemporaries

"Five Friday Favorites" is a meme hosted by Amanda at Book Badger. Each week on Friday, five favorites on different subjects are posted. This week's theme were contemporary books.
I'm not much for contemporaries, I usually prefer speculative fiction, but I have been known to pick up the odd contemporary novel. These are my favorites: 

5. "The Summer I Became a Nerd" by Leah Rae Miller 
This novel is pure light-hearted fluff, and it's a lot of fun, and it also managed to send a pretty good message. 

4. "The Reece Malcolm List" by Amy Spalding 
I read this novel last year and I liked it a lot. The romance wasn't all that great, but the musical aspect and the MC's relationship with her mother were really interesting. 

3. "All American Girl" by Meg Cabot
I have read and reread this a hundred times, and it's alway a lot of fun. And Sam and David are such a cute couple!

2. "Eleanor and Park" by Rainbow Rowell
I thought this was a really well-written, captivating book. It left me a bit heart-broken, but I'm glad I read it. 

1. "Fangirl" by Rainbow Rowell
Yes, another Rainbow Rowell novel. I've got to say I enjoy her books a lot and I thought this one was great, it was one of my favorite reads of 2013. 

So, what are your favorite contemporary novels? Let me know in the comments!  

3 comments:

  1. Great picks! The only one of these that I have read is Fangirl, and must admit to having a lot of issues with it. I am hoping to try Eleanor & Park soon though, hopefully I will enjoy that one more. I love the look of the other three, will definitely need to read those. Nice list :) My FFF list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Sofia! From your list, I have only read the two Rainbow Rowell books, but I definitely will have to check the other three out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these Sofia, but I do want to read some of Rowell's work and I hoping to get to them soon, and I'd seen a few things about The Summer I Became A Nerd, but I not sure on the cover, so I may have to look back at that and take a look. Thank you for taking part Sofia! :D

    ReplyDelete