Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Top Ten Books I'd Recommend to Someone Who Wants to Get Into Fantasy




Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by the Brooke and the Bookish. This week's top ten was of books I'd recommend to a person of my choosing. Since I am often asked which novels I'd recommend to someone who wants to get into fantasy, I chose that kind of person for my list. These are not necessarily the best fantasy books around, but I think that they would be able to interest the reader enough to urge them to look further into the genre whilst also give them a clear idea what sort of books they will find and easing them gently into the genre.


Mad Love by Suzanne Selfors


The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss


Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin

The Lighting Thief by Rick Riordan


The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien



Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett


Stardust by Neil Gaiman

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling


The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman


So, which are the ten books you'd recomend to a person of your choosing? Let me know in the comments!


2 comments:

  1. Clockwork Angel and Lightning Thief!! :D
    Great list! :D

    TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read more fantasy so I really appreciate this list! Thank you for sharing!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete